Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Character sprite

After putting it off for as long as possible, I finally decided to try my hand at a character sprite.

Here's a mockup of what it might look like in-game. Each piece of equipment is a separate sprite so it can be layered in-game based on what a character has equipped.
Roy Batty (right) faces off against a Tyrell Corporation executive and his two hired guns.

I'm not a great artist, but I think it will do for now. Some of the details are hard to make out, but as long as the sprites are varied enough, I don't think it should matter too much.

I've also been doing some work on a configuration file parser that will allow for pretty flexible data files and may be used for save files as well.

Edit:
I changed the floor tile to make it easier to see characters.
 

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding? ;) I really dig the look! It's very very hard to come up with sprites that look as good as those, I tried!

    Anyway I love the detail of the background tiles, with more detail scattered around I think it will be difficult to look at a screenshot and say whether this game is one of the oldschool RPGs and sci-fi action games or one made in 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete