Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

lack of updates

I guess I should tell you all that I'm taking a little break from CPRL. I didn't want to post anything for fear that everyone would give up on it and call it dead. I guess not posting anything isn't helping either... It's not a lack of motivation. I've just got another big non-roguelike project right now that I'm trying really hard to finish before the end of the year. As soon as that's done I'm getting back to CyberpunkRL. So once again, this game is not dead! I apologize for the further delays and hope to see you guys again once I resume work!

5 comments:

  1. I hope the 'non-roguelike project' ain't a girl. They have a tendency to kill roguelike projects. :c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I wanted to try CPRL for a while but only recently got hold of a windows PC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I feel guilty for not using a more cross-platform language. I have seriously been considering switching over to C++/ncurses for a while now, but that would mean another total rewrite. :P Might be worth it though. I'll continue to think about it until I resume work on CPRL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why c++/ncurses? You can stick to c# and just make sure your game works on mono/moonlight.

    I have a silverlight runtime (moonlight) installed on both mac os x and ubuntu and it works well on both from what i can see.

    I don't know how hard it is to port from whatever you are using (xna?) to silverlight but it's probably a ton easier than switching a language.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had reports that with some tinkering to fix my dumb mistakes, it already works with Mono. Aside from libtcod, I'm not using any other libraries. With that said, I think a lot of people would rather pass CPRL up than bother with installing some big framework runtime or whatever.

    The other thing is that I'm aiming to get into the games industry, so I think becoming acquainted with C++ would be very beneficial.

    ReplyDelete