Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

SuperSerial

I apparently have some sort of obsession with writing parsers, as I've already written like 5 different variations for CPRL alone. After many iterations, I've designed a data file solution that will hopefully be good enough to use for the game as well as other projects. It is an open source serialization library called SuperSerial, that will hopefully make my life much easier when I finally get around to working on game stuff again. It's not quite finished yet, but I don't expect it to take much longer to get into a usable state.

My next order of business will probably be to work on the graphical engine some more in order to optimize it and add features. After that, I'll get back to game stuff.

I haven't been working on personal projects much lately because I have an internship this summer. After spending 8 hours looking at Java, I don't have much desire left to program at the end of the day. Fear not. I will never abandon CPRL. It may take a decade or two, but this damn game WILL get finished.

1 comment: