Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I've had no desire to work on anything for the past few weeks...

But I think it's coming back to me. Today I dusted off CPRL and started on the dialogue system.

It's not much, but I think you get the idea... I also did some more map stuff, like making entities work. I still need to save them to the map files when each map is unloaded. Otherwise, they'll basically become a memory leak. At the moment, a map is a single 40x40 chunk of tiles with a small square building in the center. I really need to finish up that building generator I was working on...

3 comments:

  1. Looking good! But what happened to the lights and interface? I hope plugging the building generator code here won't be too difficult, its output was excellent and should provide much tactical challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's not really anything to display in an interface yet, but I have decided to go for a more minimalistic interface. I figure since the game is turn based, you don't necessarily need ALL your information right there, so I'm only going to be putting important bits.

    Lighting hasn't been implemented yet (this is my third, and hopefully last, total rewrite). Rest assured, it will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you keep working on this, There is no other RL with a Cyberpunk theme that I like u.u and I ended up finding your project on the net.

    Hope to see a release soon :) Good Luck

    ReplyDelete